When the British landed and took possession of the island in 1810, Cap Malheureux saw a Protestant community settle on its land. Overlooking the turquoise bay, a red-roofed church, symbol of this village at the northern tip of the island, creates a striking contrast.
Even today, many faithful gather there on Sundays to attend services. Their songs and dances joyfully animate this picture-postcard site.
The sublime view on the Coin de Mire and the blue lagoon, the sandy beach and, further, a few fishermen and their colorful boats, is something to be savoured.
Rivière du Rempart